Appey Studios Ltd
The applications and related online services (collectively, the “Service”) are operated by Appey Studios Ltd (“we” or “us”) with offices at Orion House, Bessemer Road, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL7 1HH, England.
1. Information We Collect:
A. Information Received from Social Networking Sites:
B. Information Received from Mobile Devices or Personal Computers:
When you access the Service from a personal computer, we will receive and collect the IP address used to access the Service. When you access the Service through a mobile device we will receive and collect the device type and device I.D.
We may also use these identifiers and information to track your use of the Service and allow you to invite, or be invited by, other users to play or use one of our applications.
C. Information You Provide to Us Directly: By accessing or using the Service, we will directly collect information about you as follows:
- User Account and Profile: If you access the Service through a means other than a Social Networking Service, you will be required to provide your email address in order to create an account within the Service. In addition, we may allow you to create a user profile which will be visible to other users of the Service. This profile information may include: your name and/or user name; profile picture; biographical information, information about your use of the Service (such as session length, shared questions, your opponents and scores), and links to profiles of you on Social Networking Sites. This information is considered public and may be indexed by search engines or other means, however, you may opt out of sharing your profile information as well as whether other users can see that you are on-line or off-line by adjusting the settings at the Settings Page of the Service.
- Correspondence and Public Postings: If you correspond with us by email (including for support purposes), we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses for internal use. We may also retain any messages you send through the Service either to us or other users. In addition, any information you provide in any chat room, User Content or other public areas of the Service may be accessed by us and other users, and we may store this information.
- Gameplay and User Activity: When you use the Service, we collect information and statistics about your use of the Service and interactions with other users to improve the Service and offer a richer and more personalized user experience. Certain information about your gameplay and user activity, including scores and challenge results, will be automatically loaded into our other applications included in the Service. You can control the sharing of such information among our applications by adjusting the settings at the Settings Page of the Service.
- SMS and Our Notifications: If you sign up to have SMS notifications sent to your mobile device, we receive and store the telephone number(s) that you provide to us. You can control or manage SMS notifications by adjusting your SMS notification settings.
D: Payment Information:
2. Methods Used to Collect Information:
B. Log Files:
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or Social Networking Site each time you access the Service from your computer. We also use log files and server logs to collect information about your use of the Service to provide a more personal and richer user experience. These log files and server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages and pages viewed.
C. Clear GIFs or Web Beacons:
D. Invitations from Other Users:
If another user chooses to use our invitation service to invite you to use the Service, that person will provide us with your email address and we will automatically send an email invitation to you on that person’s behalf. We will only use your email to send this invitation to you on the other user’s behalf and, if you accept the invitation from the other user, to register you as a user of the Service.
3. How We Use Your Information:
B. Use of Your Email Address:
By providing us your email address, including by adding one of our applications on a Social Networking Site, you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, in lieu of communication by postal mail, except as required by applicable law. You also agree that we may send you notifications of activity on the Service to the email address you give us, in accordance with your privacy settings. We may use your email address to send you other messages, such as newsletters, new features or applications, and changes to features of the Service, or special offers. If you do not want to receive email messages from us, you may opt out by sending an email with “opt out” in the subject line to email@example.com or by following the unsubscribe link in the applicable email. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or other offers. You may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
C. SMS Notifications:
If you sign up to have SMS notifications sent to your mobile device, we will send a verification request to the phone number you provide to us so that you can confirm that you want to receive SMS notifications from us. If you verify that you want to receive SMS notifications from us, we may use the phone number you provide to notify you of activity within the Service or to allow you to access the Service from your mobile device. In addition, from time to time we will send you messages directly to your mobile device related to the Service, including to notify you of new features. You can control or manage these messages, or opt-out of receiving sms notifications from us, by adjusting the settings in the Settings Page of the Service.
4. How We Share Your Information:
A. Our Service Providers:
B. Ad Servers and Networks:
C. Other Users and Friends:
The Service was designed to be an interactive service for its users and other users of the Service will be able to see your user profile information which may include your Social Networking Site user name or ID number. Access to your Social Networking Site ID number may allow other persons to view the public information associated with your Social Networking Site account and send you communications through the Service or Social Networking Site.
D. Compliance with Law:
E. Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous aggregated data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain of our services. We note that, while this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
F. Sale of Business:
In the event of a merger, acquisition, asset sale or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, personal information maintained by us may be transferred to its successors or assigns.
5. How We Protect Your Information:
We use commercially reasonable physical and technical safeguards to preserve the security of your personal information and implement your privacy settings. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that this information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. We cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of Social Networking Sites through which you access the Service. We are not responsible for the functionality or security measures employed by any third party.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from us, at all times.
6. Your Choices About Your Information:
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Service, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
You can manage or control the information we receive from a Social Networking Site by following the instructions provided by that Social Networking Site.
You may update or correct your account information and email preferences at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can review and correct the information about you that we keep on file by adjusting the settings within the Service.
You can stop our use of your geo-location information or push notifications by adjusting your settings within the Service.
You may change your privacy settings on the Service through the features provided through the Service and/or the applicable Social Networking Site or by sending an email to email@example.com. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
If you no longer want us to use your information, you may contact our help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we deactivate your account or delete your information. However, certain information, including customer service information, may be retained for our legal and accounting purposes. In addition, we may retain and continue to use indefinitely all information contained in your communications to other users or posted to areas of the Service that are visible to the public, or that are visible to other users of the Service, after termination or deactivation of your user account.
7. Children’s Privacy:
Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use the Service, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If you believe that we may have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. Links to Other Web Sites:
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from the Service. If you visit these websites or provide any information directly to parties other than us, different policies may apply to the collection and use of your information. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before accessing third party websites or disclosing information to third parties.
9. Storage of Personal Information:
At this time, the Service is provided from the United Kingdom and is intended for users located in the United Kingdom.
Appey Studios Ltd, Orion House, Bessemer Road, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL7 1HH, England.